Pages

Ads 468x60px

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Creating a Sophisticated Rustic Christmas Theme

As promised, I'm sharing photos and DIY tutorials of how I created a "Sophisticated Rustic" Christmas theme.

I started off with a natural 6 foot Fraser Fir tree to give the whole house a fresh outdoorsy scent.



Using a roll of 4" wide burlap for tinsel gave my already blinged out tree a more rustic feel.



I stuck with gold and copper toned ornaments to play off of the brown in of the burlap.

Adding a pop of color here and there...

 
Check out the tutorial for these really cute pinecone topiary trees.
 
 
 Added some natural elements
I found this dried grass at the Dollar Store




Check out the tutorial for these cinnamon stick votive holders 
 
 
Wrapped gifts using kraft paper and pretty ribbons and various embelishments 
 
 
 
Hope you can find some Rustic Sophistication Inspiration for your Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Sample text