Pages

Ads 468x60px

Sunday, December 9, 2012

How to Pull Off a Pink Christmas Theme


I love the idea of pink Christmas decorations. It’s different…I like different; and it’s beautiful…I like pretty things. I honestly don’t know why I hadn’t given it much thought until now. Then I saw this picture which totally inspired me to give it a try.



Although non-traditional for Christmas décor, pink colors can work because they can give off a soft frosty look or a fun pop of unexpected color. I’m  totally inspired to give pink a try for Christmas…not this year but maybe someday!

Ok so, first thing’s first; let’s discuss pinkness. There are so many shades! But basically you have the following:
 
But, unless you have a design background or a natural eye for color schemes (of which I have neither) I assume the best way to go about it is to pick a palette and stick to it.
 
Here are some ideas I think work well:






Pearlized or Frosted Pink



 

Iridescent and Glitter 

 
 
Hot Pink and Darker Shades of Pink
 
 

 
 
Accents: Just a Hint of Pink Here and There
 
 
 
Pick a Pink Dessert Theme: 
 
 
 
Despite all of the pretty pink-power shown above; here are some things that I want to avoid:
 
Too Much of a Good Thing
 

Pink Trimmings on a pink canvas is just too overpowering. Also, don't overdo it with the trimmings (of any color); leave some "white space".
 
 
Pink on a Light/White Tree
Pink on a background that is too light can end up looking washed out, too 80's, or give off a harsh contrast.
 

There is nothing wrong with these looks, it's just not what I'm going for. So in the end I think I will be brave and bold and give pink a try (someday). I hope these tips and ideas encourage you to try it too!
 
G6C4VKSX5CJE

1 comments:

  1. happy pink Christmas! These are some fun inspirations. I actually made pink ornaments for my shop this year. Hugs thank you for visiting Katherines Corner :-)

    ReplyDelete

 

Sample text